Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Last Man on Earth

For those of you who don't know, I love old movies. If they're in black and white, even better! Anyhow, with in-laws visiting from out of town, the wife and kids were gone last night and so I settled down on the couch and found this gem on Hulu.

The Last Man on Earth was based on the Richard Matheson novel, "I Am Legend." Having seen (and enjoyed) both the 1971 film The Omega Man with Charlton Heston and the 2007 I Am Legend movie starring Will Smith, I was curious how I would take to it.

Well, the 1964 version that I watched stars none other than cinema legend Vincent Price. Normally I get to watch the older versions and then watch and see how the remakes evolve through the generations. This time I went in reverse and I was unsure how it would turn out.

The answer: It was amazing. What a great film. Vincent Price was phenomenal. If you have a couple hours to spare and want to enjoy a classic, this movie is for you.

1 comment:

Scott H. said...

Now you've got to complete the backwards cycle and read the book, it's a very good book and I really enjoyed it...