12. I eat meat in the summer AND in times of plenty.
11. My mission wasn’t the best two years of my life...
10. My kids will never watch the brain-washing racist videos known as The Living Scriptures.
9. I don’t say "amen" when something is said in a talk or a prayer that I don’t agree with.
8. It annoys me when people bless the refreshments (junk food) at activities by using the phrase “bless this to strengthen and nourish our bodies”. And while I'm on the topic of prayer...I don’t say prayers at restaurants with the family.
7. I don’t know anything “with every fiber of my being.”
6. I watch most R rated movies without guilt. (Saw 2 and 3 made me uncomfortable). 4 of my top 5 movies of all-time are rated R. Gladiator is my favorite movie (the late Pres. Faust actually quoted one of the main lines of the movie in a General Conference address AFTER the movie came out…check it out here), followed closely by the Godfather trilogy, Braveheart, Ghostbusters and The Patriot.
5. I don’t believe gay marriage will bring about the apocalypse.
4. Just because something is “beer-battered” or cooked in “wine sauce” does not mean that it is against the Word of Wisdom.
3. I love music composed and performed by people of questionable moral standing and sometimes…even unquestionably inappropriate subject matters.
2. I am morally opposed to general authorities writing books on doctrinal subjects and selling them for profit. If they are supposed to be special and especial witnesses of Christ then I shouldn’t have to pay for their interpretation of scripture and doctrine. This complaint can extend to Deseret Book as a whole, from their numerous graven images to the countless walls of sermons for profit.
1. I did NOT vote for Mitt Romney.