Since many of you already know my feelings on Arizona's new immigration law making it against the law to break the law...sigh...I thought I would look up and share some other wonderful laws about the last of the lower 48 states to join the union. A land stolen from Mexico in the US-Mexican war, or as they call it in Mexico "El Invasion Estadounidense de Mexico" or "The American Invasion of Mexico."
* Any misdemeanor committed while wearing a red mask is considered a felony.
* There is a possible 25 years in prison for cutting down a cactus.
* Hunting camels is prohibited.
* Donkeys cannot sleep in bathtubs.
* It is unlawful to refuse a person a glass of water.
* When being attacked by a criminal or burglar, you may only protect yourself with the same weapon that the other person posseses.
* A class 2 misdemeanor occurs if one places a mark upon an American flag which is "likely to provoke physical retaliation."
* It is illegal to manufacture imitation cocaine.
* Children are not allowed to sing nursery rhymes after 8 pm.
* Elephants must have a bell around their necks to warn swans of their approach.
* You can't walk through a hotel lobby with spurs on.
COUNTY AND/OR CITY LAWS:
* Cars may not be driven in reverse.
* You may not have more than two dildos in a house.
Globe - Cards may not be played in the street with a Native American.
Hayden - If you bother the cottontails or bullfrogs, you will be fined.
Maricopa County - No more than six girls may live in any house.
Mesa - It is illegal to smoke cigarettes within 15 feet of a public place unless you have a Class 12 liqueur license.
Mohave County - Anyone caught stealing soap must wash himself with it in public until it is all used up.
Nogales - An ordinance prohibits the wearing of suspenders. Women can be fined up to $500, Men up to $2000.
Prescott - No one is permitted to ride their horse up the stairs of the county court house.
Tempe - It is illegal to eat grass from any area where sheep or cows are grazing.
Tombstone - It is illegal for men and women over the age of 18 to have less than one missing tooth visible when smiling.
Tucson - Women may not wear pants.